Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Victory on Human Rights Day

I was recently introduced to the game of scrabble. Yes, I knew the game existed. However, I never knew that I would LIKE scrabble.

I am not a great speller and figured it was pretty key to the game. Turns out, I'm not too shabby. Not great, but better than I expected I would be. And I won my first game on Monday. I don't want to rub it in too much, because Jacob usually beats me soundly, BUT...

My score: 304.
Jacob's score: 280.

And here's the proof.


I also worked a bit on the quilt for my new niece who was born yesterday. Can't wait to see her.

6 comments:

Harmony said...

I love scrabble! You should move back to Utah so we can have a game night. :)

Robinson Family said...

What are the details on the baby? That looks like it will be an adorable quilt. By the way, scrabble is the only game my dad likes to play.

Grammyzanne said...

I'm going to have to organize a Scrabble game. It has been WAY too long since I've played. We used Christmas money from my Grandpa and Grandma Cowles to buy a game when we were in Dallas (Aug '76 - Apr '78). Doesn't quite make our game an antique yet.

Lynda/Mom said...

I used to like Scrabble, but it has been a long time and I find myself somewhat anti-game in general. Don't know how I got messed up on that gene--I can do it, but don't prefer to. Glad the newest niece made it safely here--such a tiny little thing; reminds me of Laura's middle child. Aunt Lynda

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Wish John felt that way. He refuses to have anything to do with Scrabble and I love it.

John L. Carter said...

Scrabble should burn. If I become a fascist dictator (which is very likely. . .(insert sarcastic emoticon)) then I will burn all the scrabble games.