Saturday, January 16, 2010

New and Improved

Here's what's new:

My first foray into window treatments. It replaced a lacy valance that Jacob really hated. I plan on painting that entry way a very pale yellow. When you walk through the door in the picture and turn to your left you are looking at the "organ room" that will be painted the valance color of red soon enough.


We got furniture from our parents for Christmas. You can't tell from this pictures but they are a brown and black tweed or something. And I love them.


I did not love the throw pillows that came with the couch and love seat. So I made these gems. One side is plaid...


And one is not...

Here's what's improved (at least I think it's an improvement):


Basement bedroom BEFORE:


(I had already taken down the nasty valance that matched the terrible border)



Basement bedroom AFTER:




TA DA! And that's it so far. Now time to get to work on the baby quilt for MaryAnn's new daughter. And I better make it snappy...she could be here any day!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Everything looks great!

Lynda/Mom said...

You've been working hard. I need to plan a trip. It looks good. Aunt Lynda

Nicole said...

Very cute! When I saw the basement I thought, that is so Sandy. So proud to be an American! :-) Great job on everything. Looks awesome!

MaryAnn said...

Those are some nice improvements. I like the new furniture and the pillows you made. See you soon!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

You have excellent taste, very nice work and you have been busy! I too like your choice in furniture and wish we had the money to replace mine...but alas I am sure I have not had them the required (by Jason) 20 years when we bought them.

jacob said...

I only put an 8 year requirement on the couches.

Leslie said...

Cam and I stripped wallpaper for days when we moved into our first house. It's so not fun. Looks much better. You guys are getting a lot done.

Grammyzanne said...

You have done a nice job. Not always sure the "home improvement" part is good the but improved home definitely is! Looking very good. Nice job on the pillows - my next-to-last thing for our living room improvement.

Mary Ann said...

I love all your changes, especially in the guest room. Can't wait to come visit again sometime...