Friday, January 29, 2010

A Little Break

I'm trying to treat this blog a little bit more like a journal. No, I will not get super personal or inappropriately open in this public forum. But I do plan on updating a little more regularly with some of the less "post worthy" types of things happening in my life.

So with that in mind, I will now proceed to bore you all with the mundane life I lead.

Work has been really slow lately. I literally have NOTHING to do. It's frustrating. I especially had nothing to do today because I had purposely not scheduled stuff as I was supposed to be in Las Vegas. Well, I'm not in Las Vegas. And I'm not at work either. I couldn't stand wasting one more second there when I knew I could probably be much more productive with my time at home.

I am currently taking a minutes break from my productivity. I got home at about noon and ate lunch and then proceeded on to the tasks at hand. Cleaning house. I mean, really cleaning. More than just the usual tidy up. Thus far I have cleaned the kitchen, entry way, and bathroom on the main level. I am currently waiting for floors to dry from mopping so I can move things back where they need to go. Then I will set to work on picking up the living room and organ room including vacuuming and dusting. I don't like dusting. But I love vacuuming. And then if I still have energy and motivation it is on to my bedroom, same thing dusting and vacuuming, and my bathroom. It's disgusting. And if it doesn't get done today you can just bet it will get done tomorrow. I've had it with the mess.

That is kind of how I roll with a lot of things in my life. I'll tolerate and put things off so much until I just snap and things have to be different right this second. Maybe not a lot of areas in my life but definitely two; my hair and housecleaning.

I am certainly at that point with the house, and coming very close to that point with my hair. It's about due for a good shaping up kind of trim.

Okay...looks like the floors are dry. Back to work.

7 comments:

MaryAnn said...

When you are done can you come clean my house? And watch my kids so I can get a hair cut - my hair needs more than just a shaping up trim.

Kelli said...

I treat my blog more like a journal sometimes too. I'm hoping to get it printed off at some point since my real journal gets writte in maybe...once a year?

Lynda/Mom said...

I pretty much relate to that--You must feel much better having been so productive. Kudos. Aunt Lynda

Mary Ann said...

I can totally relate to procrastinating and tolerating things (like unfinished projects or dirtiness) for a long time until I snap. Then I usually stay up way too late and/or spend way too long getting them done way too thoroughly.
Oh, and I love to vacuum too.

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing. I should do the same thing- update my blog with more journally stuff and clean my house. Ditto on the loving vacuuming and hating dusting. How come you're not in Vegas?

Robinson Family said...

I think a blog is a great journal. You'll have to make a book at the end of the year. I just printed my second, and it's wonderful to keep in touch with family and journal at the same time. I can tell you'll have lots of memories from your first year of marriage.

Jason&Shannon said...

I hate dusting and bathrooms, so those are the two things that generally get procrastinated the most. However, I am very particular about my floors (I credit Grandma Lawrence with that obsession). So, they are vacuumed regularly, swept often, and mopped as an energy allows. Like today, all carpets were vacuumed, and all linoleum on the main floor was swept and mopped thoroughly. Just don't look at the upstairs bathrooms right now...gag!