Thursday, February 9, 2012

Photo a Day: #9

I'm lovin' the reflection off the storm door.

But seriously. Let's talk front doors.
Since recently getting our house painted this grey color Jacob and I have been discussing painting our front door a fun color. We are mostly thinking yellow but I have some concerns with a yellow door next to these bricks. Thoughts?
I have also been toying with the idea of getting rid of the storm door all together. I have a love hate relationship with it. Again, thoughts?
We are also looking at updating the door knobs (both inside and out, and all the other brassy metal in our home) since our door knob on the door from the house into the garage is no longer totally functioning. We initially thought we would change out all the ugly brass for a brushed nickel. But, we have really orangey wood going on in the interior of our home. So I'm not sure the nickel is the way to go. I'm leaning towards the burnished black. I also think that's the way most people are leaning these days. I think the upgrading of the door knobs is going to be a slow endeavor as our funds are limited so it won't happen all at once.
So, what do you think?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Don't go yellow with those bricks, black door knobs sound best, and keep the storm door. I hate cleaning mine, but it is nice to let sun in on days I want the house to warm up (my storm door locks, so it still provides some semblance of securacy too).

MaryAnn said...

I say a red front door. Black door knobs should good and I have no opinion regarding the storm door.

Emily said...

I like the idea of black doorknobs, and you know I'm still partial to blues- maybe a turquoise? Red would be fun too. I kinda wish we had a storm door to let the light in without worrying about bugs.

Janel said...

My vote for door color? A nice solid blue. That's the color I'd love to paint our door if it weren't for the CC&R's in our neighborhood. Pinterest has some great door photos to look through. :)