Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's the Little Things

Every Tuesday and Thursday I head to the local court house to make myself available for potential clients to screen for participation in our program. I typically park at some two hour spot on the street but, due to recent road work, those slots have been less accessible. So this past week I've taken to parking in the structure right near the court house. The first hour is free and I'm usually not there longer than that.

So, as you leave the parking structure you have to hand your ticket to the cashier in the booth. I have gone out the same exit each time parking and have had the pleasure of being assisted by a really cute older woman. She punches my ticket and very excitedly, loudly, and in a high pitched sort of way says, "FREEEEEE!"

It pretty well makes my day.

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

That is funny. Free parking is always a good thing.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Funny....it made me think of Adam Sandler in Bedtime Stories when he says "For FREEEEEEE!" John and I laugh at it all the time.

scott said...

I am glad that makes your day, I not sure it would make mine!

Kelli said...

Good for her making her job funner! I would love to have someone yell out "free!" to me, even for a simple thing like parking!

Lynda/Mom said...

I was concerned the little things were going to be things that irritated you to death, so it was a refreshing vignete to read. Thanks for sharing. Aunt Lynda