Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Idea of a Pretty Perfect Saturday

Jacob and I had an enjoyable time today.

We began the day with a trip to the Denver temple. The drive wasn't bad and of course the time spent in Temple service was a great way to start the day.

On the way home from the Temple we stopped by Costco. I really enjoy Costco on a Saturday. Who wouldn't love making lunch of the samples? We picked up a few essentials and also enjoyed a berry sundae.

As soon as we got home I roasted up some peppers to make some homemade salsa. It's the first football game of the BYU season and it wouldn't be right not to have salsa. And I must admit that Dad taught me well. It's a good batch of salsa. We enjoyed it with the full nacho fixins.

And now we are watching the game. I'm sure BYU will get beat, but as two former BYU students who still bleed blue, the game is a must see!


(You may notice the projector in the background. We don't have cable so we had to stream the game over the internet.)

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Nachos - yummy! I guess I don't bleed blue anymore because I forgot about the game and am not watching it.

Kathy said...

I lived 3 minutes away from the Denver temple. Go BYU!!!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I knew the game was on, but only because mom was telling me that Jacob was over watching the game with dad. I didn't think to watch it, though it sounds like I missed a good one. Those nachos look good, I want some fresh salsa too.

Lynda/Mom said...

I had no idea you could project streaming video from the computer. You guys are great techies! I followed the game while trying to help watch 5 grandchildren; their fathers chose to watch the game, and their mothers went out to dinner. Sounds like you had a nice day. Aunt Lynda